Recommendations to the restaurants
The Institute Paul Bocuse formed the ten recommendations to the restaurants following the French PNNS guidelines.
- 1 – Favour cooking methods such as steam, oven, or grill.
- 2 – Offer dishes in 2 sizes .
- 3 – I offer at least one starter with salads (raw vegetables and/or fruit).
- 4 – I offer at least one dish with fish or vegetal proteins.
- 5 – I offer vegetables and starchy food as accompaniment of all the dishes.
- 6 – I offer at least one dessert with fresh fruit.
- 7 – As appetisers, I offer olives, dry fruit, raw vegetables instead of peanuts and salty biscuits.
- 8 – I offer seasoning for salads which are made with low-fat cottage cheese, lemon juice and herbs.
- 9 – I offer whole bread.
- 10 – I offer automatically tap water to my clients.
Criteria to respect in order to be part of the FOOD restaurants’ network
Following the creation of the FOOD recommendations for restaurants, a network of restaurants respecting a certain number of recommendations was created.
In France, restaurants have to apply 6 out of the 12 recommendations in order to be part of the FOOD restaurants network.
To see the map of the entire network of FOOD restaurants, click here